Pink Lady® Snaps
Pink Lady®’s exciting Instagram food-snapping competition commences this September 2021. In association with the acclaimed Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year Awards.
Our monthly favourites will receive special shout-outs on our official Instagram account and will be offered a donation of £40, made by Pink Lady® to the World Food Programme charity in their name. The best photo overall will be the Grand Prize Winner of #PinkLadySnaps2021Qatar!
The contest will run from 1 September - 30 November 2021
Join the fun
with 3 easy steps
your best food-related photos.
on Instagram with the hashtag #pinkladysnaps2021Qatar and tag @pinkladyapplesq & @foodphotoaward. Make sure your profile is set to public! Post as many as you like.
the exciting Grand Prize!
SNAP THE WOW!
Besides beautifully plated dishes, you can even share your best photos of livestock, farmers harvesting, fresh ingredients, meal prep, street food or even creative portraits of Pink Lady® Apples. The possibilities are endless.
Zay Yar Lin
WIN the epic Apple 11-inch iPad Pro 2021*!
*Subject to availability. Prize may change without prior notice.
Keep updated by following us on
Terms and conditions
Contest Terms & Conditions
CommUnion Advertising Company W.L.L is the promoter and organiser (Organiser) of this competition.
1. This is a Food Photography Contest called Pink Lady® Snaps (SNAPS).
2. This competition is run in Qatar. Only Qatar nationals and people residing in Qatar are eligible to enter.
3. This competition is running in association with The Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year Awards, but is not subject to the same judging process.
PROCESS OF CONTEST
1. Prize for photography – winner of each country will win an Apple 11-inch (128GB) iPad Pro 2021* and will be sent using the Organiser appointed courier.
2. We will choose 1 favorite photo each month (monthly favourite) and it will be posted on the official Pink Lady® Apple’s Qatar social media accounts. The monthly favorite will be offered a donation of $40, made by Pink Lady® to the World Food Programme charity in their name.
3. Food photography:
• We will shortlist 10 photographs in order to select a grand winner.
• The shortlisted photographs will be judged and voted on – 100% judges
4. Tentative competition schedule — 1 September 2021 (12.00am) until 30 November 2021 (11.59pm).
5. Judging period starts from 1 December 2021 and results will be announced on 15 December 2021.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Terms of entry: Instagram profile must be public.
2. Who can enter: Open to Instagram users aged 18 or over, except the SNAPS employees or the promoter, The Food Awards Company Ltd, any associated agency, organising committee and judges, and their immediate families.
3. If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to enter and claim your prize. We may ask the winner to provide proof of age.
4. Theme is food. Any food related visuals are acceptable.
5. Contest category is food photography.
6. No machine generated, consumer group or third-party entries will be accepted.
7. No admission fee is required to participate in SNAPS photo competition.
8. Entries must be uploaded to Instagram and comply with all Instagram rules and regulations.
9. Entries must use the hashtag #pinkladysnaps2021qatar. Only entries with this hashtag and @pinkladyapplesq and @foodphotoaward tags will be considered.
10. Entries with appropriate hashtags and tags must be uploaded before 11.59 pm on the last day of the contest (30 November 2021).
11. Entries must not be sexually explicit, offensive or inappropriate or infringe the rights of any third party. Where your entry features a third party who can be identified in the image, you must ensure that you have their consent to submit the image before it is uploaded.
12. We do not accept responsibility for competition entries that are lost, corrupted or otherwise fail to be considered, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure or issues with the Instagram platform of any kind. Proof of uploading will not be considered proof of entry.
13. We reserve all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition.
14. Shortlisted visuals may be published for the purpose of, and is not limited to exhibitions, promotions, and marketing materials on SNAPS and any of Pink Lady® Apple’s websites and social media accounts.
15. Instagram upload / submission requirements:
• 1080 x 608 px, or
• 1080 x 1080 px, or
• 1080 x 1350 px
16. Shortlisted photographs must be sent in based on the following requirements:
• Images must be submitted as JPEG or PNG files (jpg or jpeg or png)
• Image file total size must be no more than 16MB per upload
• Image files must be no more than 1920 pixels along the longest dimension
If your work is shortlisted, you must be able to supply a high-resolution file, suitable for printing in all media and for inclusion in exhibition. These images must have a resolution of at least 300dpi
17. The panel of Judges will be appointed by the Organiser and will agree to the Terms and Conditions of judging ensuring the aims of the awards are maintained throughout. If there has not been an entry of sufficient quality then the Organiser reserves the right not to award a winning entry. The decision is final.
18. There will be no extension for submission deadlines.
19. The Organiser cannot accept liability for any loss or damage of any photographs entered into the awards however caused.
20. The Organiser cannot accept liability for the misuse of images.
21. No entries will be returned by the Organiser and therefore entrants are advised to keep a copy of their digital files for their own use.
22. Pink Lady® will only acquire limited usage rights for works submitted to a competition. Limited usage rights mean they must be non-exclusive, and usage is restricted solely to promoting the specific competition the works were submitted to, or future competitions where that competition is a recurring one, and no other purpose. This is termed "limited free usage". Pink Lady® will not use the images to form any part of an advertising campaign.
23. Winning and shortlisted works can be used to promote the competition in perpetuity subject to the conditions set out on the Bill of Rights page dealing with competition winner's archives. For more information, please visit http:/www.artists-bill-of-rights.org/bill-of-rights/bill-of-rights/bill-of-rights/
24. Non-winning and non-shortlisted images can be used to promote the competition, and no other purpose, subject to a time limit not exceeding (3) three years following the announcement of the winning entries for the competition the non-winning and non-shortlisted entries were submitted to.
25. If you are the monthly favourite or the overall competition winner, you agree that we may use your name, image and town or country of residence to announce you as a winner and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes. You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by us.
26. All contest entrants must warrant that the photographs submitted do not infringe upon any intellectual property, proprietary, personal, privacy, or any other right of a third party.
27. Entrants must strictly have the rights of the photographs sent to the Organiser. The Organiser will not be viable for any issues, wrongdoing and illegalities that arise in relation to the submitted photographs. If proven guilty, the winning entrant must return the value of the prize in cash money.
28. By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.